Qualitative Recruitment Study
To support recruitment, the OPTIMA study contains a Qualitative Recruitment Study (QRS). The QRS aims to understand the sources of recruitment difficulty, as the study is underway and using these insights, develop strategies to address recruitment challenges throughout the remainder of recruitment.
Audio-recording consultations where OPTIMA is discussed is a key part of the QRS. With your recordings we can:
- provide individual recruiter feedback
- gain valuable insights into the recruitment process
- draw on the recordings to develop training and support for centres across the OPTIMA study.
For a chat about audio-recording please contact Carmel Conefrey
The OPTIMA qualitative team are keen to interview patients that are taking part in OPTIMA and those that have chosen to not to enter OPTIMA in order to explore patient decision making. Learning about the patient perspective will significantly contribute to our goal of supporting recruitment and informed consent.
Research staff involvement is minimal, all we need you to do is ask the patient if they’d be prepared to be contacted by a researcher from the QuinteT team about a possible interview. The procedure for approaching and registering patients is in QRS Patient Interview Procedure Note.
Essential QRS documents
PLEASE NOTE that the below links have not yet been updated for SA10 (protocol v7.0). Please check your Site Files for current documents.
These documents will be updated ASAP.
- Staff information sheet and consent form V4.0 2018-11-08
- QRS Verbal Consent Form V2.1 27 Sep 2016
- OPTIMA QRS Patient IS V3.0 2018-11-08
- OPTIMA QRS Patient CF audio-recording consultations V4.0 2018-11-08
- OPTIMA QRS Patient Interview Contact Details Form V4.0 2018-11-08
- QRS Patient Registration Form v2 015 apr 2019
- Patient Interview Procedure Note V1 2020-06-29
- QRS Audio-recording patient interview procedure V5 2020-07-15